We try to keep our conferences as personal as possible to provide opportunities for participants to ask questions of our presenters. To maintain this benefit and to keep folks as comfortable as possible, each of our events will have limited enrollment. When the enrollment cap is reached, the website will highlight that registration for the conference is closed. No additional registrations will be accepted for that event, and those who attempt to register on-site will be turned away. CHECK THE WEBSITE PRIOR TO TRAVELING TO AUSTIN TO REGISTER ON-SITE.
Do not attempt to register on-site once the cap is reached as we will not be able to accommodate you. We regret the need to cap attendance, but feel that this is the only mechanism available to maintain the character and interaction of our events. Register early to avoid missing out or call for availability.
Cancel at least five days before the event to receive a full refund on a prepaid registration, cancellation of a purchase order or to transfer your registration to the next CESD Conference. If a timely cancellation is not made, no refund, cancellation of a purchase order, or transfer to the next conference will be made. Written materials will be sent automatically to prepaid no-shows or upon full payment of a purchase order. No advance notice is necessary to substitute another person for a registrant at an event. The substitute need only report to the registration table and give the name of the pre-registered person for whom he or she is substituting.
Individuals with disabilities with special communication or other needs should advise CESD of those needs at the earliest possible date in order that their needs may be addressed. CESD will seek to provide accessible seating, assistive listening devices, or other reasonable accommodations where needed.
Continuing Education Credit
Both conferences meets the C.E. standards for 10.0 hours for both the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists (§461.11) and LPC’s by CESD, Texas LPC Pre-approved Provider #193. In addition to these credits, for the Dyslexia Conference only, an application is filed for 10.0 clock hours CEU by the Academic Language Therapy Association (ALTA).
For the 2019 CESD Conferences, CESD will call the DoubleTree Hotel home. With over 350 guest rooms and chocolate chip cookies on arrival, you can’t beat the Doubletree. The Hotel is in North Austin, conveniently located next door to both Pappadeaux’s and Pappasito’s restaurants. A host of other restaurants are within walking distance or a short drive away. The Hotel offers free transportation within two miles, and free WiFi in the guest rooms. CESD will provide free WiFi in the the conference rooms. Complimentary self-parking at the hotel is available for all conference participants. Valet parking is also available for an additional fee.
A block of guest rooms has been reserved for these events in the Doubletree Hotel. Please contact the hotel directly at (512) 454-3737 to make reservations and identify yourself as a CESD participant. On-line hotel registration is also available (see below). To access the appropriate codes for the discounted rate, please use the links below!
The conferences traditionally sell out the discounted block of rooms well-prior to the hotel cut-off date. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis at the following conference rates until the cut-off date for each event, or the block is sold out, whichever comes first.
- September 13, 2019 (Dyslexia Conference, group code is “CED”).
- October 11, 2019 (Southwest Section 504 Conference, group code is “ESD”).
For all conferences, the special room rate is as follows: Conference Rates: $135 Single; $145 Double; $155 Triple; $165 Quad.
On-line Hotel Reservations
Access our Group Page for the Doubletree Hotel and make your reservation now!
To reserve a room for the Dyslexia Conference, click here.
To reserve a room for the Section 504 Conference, click here.
Registration Options & Rates
- For each conference, registration by the deadline is $360 per person. On-site registration, when available (see discussion on enrollment caps above) is an additional $25 per event.
- The Dyslexia Conference/PreConference Registration deadline is October 4, 2019 unless the event has already sold out.
- The Section 504 Conference/PreConference Registration deadline is November 1, 2019 unless the event has already sold out.
- For each optional PreConference, registration by the deadline is $160 per event. On-site registration, when available (see discussion on enrollment caps above) is an additional $25 per event.
- To process your registration, we need a valid purchase order, credit card payment (online) or a check. If you prefer not to register online or download the registration form, give us a call at (512) 219-5043 and we’ll email you a copy.
Two ways to register! Click one of the options to join us!